Sunday 2 August 2009

Vintage quotes: Junior year in London





* * *

"We have officially founded the Harriet Vane Society. In a pub. Our motto will be, `as my Wimsey takes me.’ Or rather, `take me, Wimsey, take me!’" - Margaret, on Valentine's Day

* * *

"I’m going to kill you. Once I finish imploding." - Margaret, in response to Catherine's vicar-and-chocolate scene

* * *

"A nice pair of tits comes along, and next thing you know, you're mole-flipping in britches." - Margaret

* * *

"Don’t let me have more than three drinks; having more than three drinks convinces me I can river-dance. (thoughtful pause) I can not river-dance." - Catherine, on St. Patrick's Day

* * *

"The world is ending. Fancy a drink?" - Catherine responds to international crises

* * *

"Unfortunately, just when they were both naked and chasing each other around a field, it went horribly wrong." - Catherine.

* * *

"Alastair Campbell isn't bad-looking, and he's got that bad-boy appeal. In a ...political way" - Catherine at 1:13 a.m.

* * *

"Alastair Campbell is sex on legs. It's as simple as that." - Catherine at 2:57 a.m., several days later

* * *

"So basically, Number 10 is just a nest of orgiastic desire." - Catherine

* * *

"It's bad when I get turned on by vague inversions of grammar." - Catherine

* * *

"Wouldn't it be funny if we were minorly injured, and - no, wait, that's not the funny bit!"." - Catherine

* * *

"Yeah, criticise our government if you like, but don't you DARE insult `Double Take'!"" - Catherine

"That's because `Double Take` is a hallowed institution defending our way of life - the American government is just some tosser impersonating the President." - Margaret

* * *

"Yeah, I think that for the sake of democracy, the Queen should personally bomb some shit." - Catherine

* * *

"I'm having flashbacks. Only this time, we have food. Which is a pleasant change from last time. When we didn't." - Margaret reflects on her progress in life.

* * *

"That's not our pizza. That's three Indians in a car." - Margaret

* * *

"I smoked almost an entire pack of cigarettes, drank more than I ever have in my life, and I think I licked the fingers of a strange man - "

"You did. I can confirm that part for you."

"And yet I feel no sense of guilt or shame."

"Well, neither do I, and I'm the one who actually goes to church." - Catherine and Margaret

* * *

“I don't know about you and your friends. You and your friends are kind of strange." - Mommy

* * *

"I mean, we've only known each other three months, and we're planning all sorts of things."

"Right - among them assassinations, the seduction of various political figures -""

"Cooking ..."

"Uh-huh, cooking -." - Margaret and Catherine

* * *

"Your sister is a constant source of entertainment for me. I want a "What Would Grace Do?" bracelet." - Lyah

* * *

"If the couple next door to us starts having sex again, we go out into the hall and cheerlead."

"Two, four, six, eight, show us how you procreate!!" - Margaret and Lyah in Rome

* * *

"You see, Peter Mandelson is the narcissistic bitch from hell. He's fantastic." - Catherine

* * *

"All right, it needs to get dark out, so I can take off some clothes." - Margaret

* * *

“You know, I don't think I made it quite clear enough that when I said 'we should write something together.' I meant, like, a limerick.” - Catherine, upon completion of our novel.

* * *

“All right, ten quid says one a.m. finds us chained to the gates of Downing Street in our corsets, chanting 'hell no, we won't go!'" - Catherine, at the beginning of our last night in London

No comments:

Post a Comment