Sunday 2 August 2009

Vintage quotes: 2009, Part I



* * *

"One of the things I love about the 21st century is being told "Mazel tov!" on my ordination as a female Episcopal priest by a gay bishop who's about to go to the inauguration of the biracial President whose middle name is Hussein.” – Grace (on Table Talk)

* * *

"I thought I was so clever! I’m not. I’m a plagiarising fuck with amnesia.” – Margaret

* * *

"Fine – it was the revolution of 1830. But it was French. With French people. And French words. And French soldiers. And French stuff.” – Catherine

"And sheep in overcoats.” – Margaret

"YES. I’d forgotten about that. What else went with sheep in overcoats?” – Catherine

"I don’t remember.” – Margaret

"Woodpeckers in space! That’s what it was!” – Catherine

"Oh yeah!!!” - Margaret

* * *

"Hey, I let him pick the national anthem for our country – what more does he want?” – Margaret

"What was the national anthem again?” – Catherine

"Barbie Girl.” – Margaret

* * *

"So, if I fancy a guy, all I have to do is trick him into selling me some chicken.” – Catherine

* * *

"This survey makes me realise how grown-up and mature I really am. I have a cat and a washer-dryer.” – Catherine

* * *

"Now I have to go watch ‘Hot Lesbian Sex Party In My Pants.’ I’m hoping it will uphold traditional Christian values, but I’m just not sure!” – Catherine

* * *

"I think you should apologise to my ovaries!” – Margaret

* * *

"It includes vomiting and sock puppets, which is all you really need for an evening’s entertainment.” – Margaret

* * *

"Because Heaven works in accordance with the provisions of the 1862 Homestead Act, as we all know.” – Margaret

* * *

"That’s the point when you realise you’re 3,000 miles away from the people you love, you’re fat, and you don’t believe in God any more. – Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment